Recent studies prove the huge beneﬁts to childhood development when kids play freely in an outdoor setting using natural materials while engaging in tactile and imaginative play. These kitchens are exactly what kids need and daycares wish they had.
Presenting children with their first opportunity to develop a sense of purpose. In this highly engaging group activity teams will build outdoor play kitchens made from all natural materials for daycares, in locations where your support is needed the most.
HOW IT WORKS:
Teams receive a series of trivia questions related to the learning objectives of this activity (the beneﬁts of play and childhood development). Correct answers result in winning pre-cut packages of wood and supplies.
Following simple instructions and diagrams, participants begin to build their kitchens, including key components such as refrigerator, stove or sink areas. Various tasks need to be completed, including sanding and painting, attaching hooks, securing potted plants, and even choosing kitchen supplies.
The objective is to create play spaces that are inviting, fun, and encourage kids to use their imagination. At the end of the activity, the top teams are recognized and the facilitator delivers a debrief solidifying the impact that these donations have, while reﬂecting on the educational and team building goals of the day.
- Group Size: 25 to 1000+
- Team Size: 6 to 10
- Program Length: 1.5 to 2 hours
- Space Requirement: 100 sq. ft. per team
Your cost includes:
- Program Coordination – including charity resourcing and coordination
- Event Staff on the day, including set-up, breakdown and facilitation
- Skilled carpenter to assist throughout the activity – no prior woodworking skills are required for participants
- Sound and Music
- One kitchen and building supplies per team
- Safety and protective clothing and drop cloths for painting stations